Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I find myself surprised

Even though Christmas is just around the corner, and I knew it was coming, I am still amazed at how much I overestimated I would have done by now.

For instance, I thought I would be done with the poncho, and almost completely done with the bathroom rug set. As a matter of fact, I was so sure I'd be done, I signed up for a shawl knitalong (KAL) beginning January 1.

Wrong on all counts. It's moving along, just not as fast as I supposed. I'm about 65% done with the poncho, still nowhere on the rug set, and I think I'm just going to save the instructions for the KAL until I'm ready for them. I already know what yarn I'm going to use for it, though. Just have to place the order.

I will be glad when Christmas gets here so I can see if everybody likes their gifts OK. The waiting for it to get here when I've been ready for it for a month just bites.



What I want for Christmas:

Cherry Tree Hill solid color sock yarn in burgundy and lime. The Harry Potter Charmed knitting book. "A Lick of Frost" and "The Harlequin" books by Laurell K. Hamilton. The Best of Interweave Knits" and "Socks, Socks, Socks" knitting books. Juliet Sweater yarn.

FUTURE WANTS: I want to sponsor a knitalong, and create a shawl. Not necessarily for Christmas...just for something interesting to do that I down't have to buy a pattern or clear with a gazillion people.

No comments: